| || || ||
UCM's Mission Statement
United Congregations of Metro East - Peace and Justice Institution
We share a strong desire for lasting social change that benefits all citizens - families, children, seniors, those of us who suffer, those who struggle in poverty and stress - in just and free local communities.
- We believe that we share a duty as citizens and people of faith to protect the well being of our families, neighborhoods and communities.
- We believe that healthy communities are necessary to develop and nurture healthy citizens.
- All citizens of our region deserve the opportunities and resources of a just and free society. We believe in equity that reaches across our entire region. All citizens should have a voice in the decisions that affect the quality of their local communities.
- Restoring, repairing and healing the inequity and injustice in our communities is the most important work we can do.
- We stand in opposition to racial and cultural divisiveness and to the considerable inequities faced by citizens, families and children in local communities.